Thursday, January 22, 2009

Need a date night and a sitter?

Before Baby No. 2 arrives, my husband and I are going out for a nice dinner Saturday night. Thing is we are taking Baby (she's actually a toddler) No. 1. (She's actually been to restaurants quite a bit and is well behaved.)

Our regular babysitter can't be pressed into service -- something about watching to catch up on sleep after just returning from a trip to Israel. And we have no visiting grandparents to tap.

Clearly, I have not done a good job of building a babysitter network. I'm looking into that right now. It could be the last story I write before Baby 2.

So if you are in this situation and want to share -- or vent -- please be in touch and FAST. I also want to hear from you if you have found valuable babysitting resources and are willing to give them up. Send an e-mail to abaldwin@charlotteobserver.com or call me at 704-358-5179. Be sure to leave your name and daytime phone number.

By the way, the timing for our date is perfect. It coincides with Charlotte Restaurant Week. Click here for details.

1 comments:

taryn said...

Queens University of Charlotte publishes a babysitters list every semester. They also include students that are interested in tutoring, completeing housework, pet sitting, etc.