Saturday, February 23, 2008

Moms night out

I woke up this morning with a stamp on my right hand. So, you'd think I'd been to a bar or music hall uptown, right? Nope. I was out in the burbs -- Ballantyne/Pineville area -- where getting your hand stamped is proof of early shopping privileges at a big kids consignment sale. Par-tay.

My friend Cristina, who tipped me off about the sale, and I walked away with a decent haul. My kid has more designer clothes than I've ever had. Yeah, I'd like to have been chilling out at a bar. But last night, Ralph Lauren trumped Tom Collins.

Oh, and the kicker: On our way out the door I spotted something that readers of my last post about cars in Charlotte will appreciate. It was a kiddie set of wheels: a silver BMW convertible.

That's so Charlotte, I told Cristina. Definitely, she said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like OSU HIGH street night in Columbus , Ohio . I used to go to the Underground and my favorite ZACARRIAHS RED EYE SALOON where most nights I would end up in the alley with bruises. Whiskey River will be like this after a while People like to fight when they get tanked up. I just hope they have a mattres in the alley for me to land on after I tell them Im a YANKEE looking for trouble.

Anonymous said...

good for you RED go to RUTH CHRIS on your husbands credit card. I want to share with all you to get some rock salt water softener from LOWES {in the blue bag} put a couple of cups in a warm tub and soak; The water in NORTH CAROLINA is very mineral contented or (hard water) and wont get you or your laundry clean. You can use a hand ful in your wash and see the suds really float over your duds; I have had People who think Im NUTS thank me for this info and it works . Water softner salt remember this.

Anonymous said...

Did you know RED that Columbus, Ohio where Im from is the second most POPULUS for GAYS behind THAN FRAN THISCO ; Charlotte is getting to be third in place ; I have noticed GAYS taking over eating places, Bowling alleys and other establishments dubbed " TAKE OVER NIGHT" I cant wait until we a have a cinderella parade here with OUTLAW motorcycle patrons in the crowd. Believe it or not when I was living in SAN FRANSICO there are GAY motorcycle groups that where black leather. Doesnt bother me Im used to JUDGES holding hands skipping down the street after work to german village OR THEY CALL IT gay village.