Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday traditions in Charlotte?

Hey, newcomers -- and oldtimers, too -- here's today's question: What holiday traditions are you establishing -- or have you carried on for a long time -- here in the Charlotte area?

Since moving here five years ago, my husband and I have a few. For Thanksgiving, we always celebrate with our friends in Cornelius -- assuming everyone is around and nobody is having a baby as happened one year. And except for two years when I made the bad decision to get an artificial tree, we always go to the same Christmas tree lot.

But my favorite tradition that's emerging -- holiday tea with my toddler daughter. For the past two years, we have met up with my friend Stephanie and her same-age daughter. Stephanie and I went to high school and college together in Ohio. I love having a friend from back home and we both enjoy seeing our kids pal around.

Special thanks to The Tea House in Cornelius for putting up with and even doting on two 2-year-olds yesterday.

Please share your holiday traditions. Thanks.

0 comments: