Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How to have fun with the grandkids


A reader e-mailed recently looking for suggestions for what to do with the grandkids between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I responded with today's column.


But as soon as I filed the story and it was edited, I stumbled on one more idea and wanted to pass it on. It's something I plan to take my toddler daughter to. Singing bears at Founders Hall.


I'm talking about the Leonard Bearstein Symphony Orchestra. Every year these bears perform Christmas classics, such as "Jingle Bells" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," -- for free. My friend Stephanie always takes her kids and says it's a hit. For more info, including hours, click here.

2 comments:

Amy Baldwin said...

Passing along a related email I got today from Lauren Horton at the Billy Graham Library. Here it is:

"I enjoyed reading your article and wanted to add that Christmas at the Billy Graham Library is another free holiday event for kids of all ages. We have extended hours Mon-Sat, 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. with holiday treats, a gingerbread house replica of the Library, Graham family memorabilia and thousands lights and decorations. Each evening from 6-9 p.m. we offer (also free) horse and carriage rides, holiday carolers, and a live Nativity scene with even a camel! During the days, 1-3 p.m., kids with parents can enjoy the animals in a petting zoo

Christmas at the Library ends on December 23 – hope you can check it out too!"

Amy Baldwin said...

FYI the times are right for the nativity scene but days are wrong. It's Saturday and Sunday.