Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Move here in the last year?

I'm gearing up for the release of some Census data that will tell us how many newcomers have moved to the Charlotte area in the past year. As you know, this area has been a hub of newcomer relocation. But what will last year's number have to day? I'm eager to find out.

I also want to talk to some of the area's newest newcomers. If you moved here in the last year, please email me your name and daytime phone number. I'd like to chat with you about why you pick the Charlotte area and what you think so far. My email address is abaldwin@charlotteobserver.com.

Thanks!

In other news: I just got an email from AT&T spokeswoman Della Bowling in response to my Wi-Fi post last week. She wanted me to know about an announcement made yesterday and I thought I'd pass it on to you.
"AT&T announced yesterday that it is expanding its free AT&T Wi-Fi service to all AT&T broadband customers, regardless of their high speed Internet plan. As you can imagine, this features thousands of hot spots, including Starbucks and Barnes & Noble locations."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Anonymous 10:01AM Sept 17,

Cut out your inane, mean spirited comments. What exactly is your problem? No one appreciates posts like these.

R

Anonymous said...

www.gobacktoohio.com

Anonymous said...

anonymous September 21, 2008 4:57--I'll repeat what I wrote to you on Sept 17---cut out your inane mean spirited comments. What exactly is your problem? No one appreciates posts like these.

R

Anonymous said...

You don't speak for everyone. As a matter of fact, judging by the comments left on the website, many people like the site www.gobacktoohio.com.