Monday, April 28, 2008

Sneezing in Charlotte?

I am happy to report that so far this year my allergies are the most under control they have ever been since I moved here nearly five years ago. This is major. Usually I am sneezing my head off all the time.

Medical writer Karen Garloch says the rain has been tamping down the pollen. So aside from the drought, that's another reason to be thankful for the Spring showers.

Are your allergies better or worse since moving to the Charlotte area? Let me know by posting here.

And email your responses to Karen -- kgarloch@charlotteobserver.com -- too. She's working on a story. Be sure to include your name and daytime phone number when you email her. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They should plant more palm trees.

Anonymous said...

In the 80's and 90's boom there were no arbor laws in place. This allowed developers to plant whatever they wanted. Since male pollenating trees were much cheaper than the female counterpart this is what they planted.
So now we have a city full of mostly pollenating male trees with no females to take on the pollen.

Result= sneezing and allergies galore. This info was direct from the city arborist mouth a few years back.

Typical case of no planning.

Anonymous said...

After walking around at the Wachovia my itching eyes were driving me crazy!