Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm not a hat person but I'm wearing one here


On Saturday, colleague Olivia Fortson and I headed to Young Affiliates of the Mint's Derby Days. To read about the event, click here.
I had a great time checking out the dresses, seersucker suits and hats. Everybody looked so Springy and festive. I never wear hats. But I make an exception for Derby.




Here's a photo of Olivia and me. I'm wearing the pink shades.






I went home to watch the big race on TV with my husband Jefferson. We met and married in Lexington, Ky., a.k.a. horse country, and covered three Derbies together. This year I think we were both glad not to be there in person to watch the 134th running of the Kentucky Derby. What a sad ending when the No. 2 finisher, Eight Belles, broke her front ankles and had to be put down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.