Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Thanksgiving in Charlotte?

Hey, newcomers, will this be your first Thanksgiving since moving to the Charlotte area?

I'm searching for fun stories. So if you will be spending the holiday here and have an interesting story, please drop me a line at abaldwin@charlotteobserver.com. Please include your name and a daytime phone number.

Maybe several generations of your family moved here. Or maybe you moved from overseas. Or you were discharged from the military and now call Charlotte home. Or you're cooking the turkey and trimmings for the first time. Or you're missing home -- or not missing home.

I can't wait to hear your stories. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First.

Anonymous said...

Golden corral has great real turkey and sliced with all the trimming ; I found this the best place to eat real turkey and trimmings ; get there early because there will be a long line ; the food is real good that day for Turkey.

Anonymous said...

Citizens beware I once bought a turkey from a real popular food chain that I can not name and the Turkey was dated last February , many months out of date; When I started cooking it , it stunk like garlic and there was brown spots ; The store was shocked at how far back the date was and many more were in their freezers.

Anonymous said...

www.gobacktoohio.com