Monday, October 6, 2008

I love summer but...

I love summer. I really do. I love the heat. I get cold when it's 70 degrees out (to borrow a line from "When Harry Met Sally.") But I'm ready for fall. I'm tired of my summer clothes.

And the fact is that even after five years here I don't know how to dress for a Carolina-style fall, which is more like an extension of summer.

The mornings start out cool. I dress accordingly and then am roasting by noon. I layer but I never get that right either -- long sleeves when I should have had on short. Etc. etc.

Case in point: I should have worn shorts and a t-shirt to the pumpkin patch on Saturday instead of a long-sleeve T and jeans. It was so warm and sunny they weren't even serving hot apple cider. But I love what we had instead: a big apple cider slushy.

Today is supposed to be in the low 80s and then I think the weather forecasters are calling for more autumn-like weather with highs in low 70s. That's not fall to me, but I'll take it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this your second posting about the same subject? We get that this is not the fall you are used to, but I don't understand why you continue to write "new" blogs about it. Everyone else in Charlotte seems to deal fine with the fall weather. And yes, this is fall to us. It doesn't start getting really cool until late October through November. If you want a pumpkin patch experience in long sleeves then you should go later in October. Stop complaining and start enjoying the beautiful weather we are having.

Anonymous said...

www.gobacktoohio.com

Anonymous said...

If you can stand the heat then get out of the South.